Thursday, January 24, 2008

Aishwarya's art attack


This is news will definitely interest you. Its about a beauty queen Aishwarya Rai. Joining the hundreds and thousands of fans bedazzled by her ethereal beauty is fairly obscure artist Ratan Parimoo who is drawing attention for his series of Aishwarya Rai - inspired paintings. The series includes artworks inspired by key moments from her films and also one in which the artist has imagined Aishwarya as Da Vinci's muse Mona Lisa. “It was not a sudden approach. I thought about it 10 years ago. Actually it was an architect male wanting to draw Mona Lisa and then I wanted it to transform it into an Indian face,” says Parimoo. While he has lapping up the accolades from friends and acquaintances for now, the artist says fulfillment will come only when his muse responds to his work. “Well I wanted that when I reach a stage of perfection then I would convey it to her. And yes, I really wish if she could see it,” he says. So until he's able to reach out to Aishwarya and show her his work, he'll be painting away trying to create the perfect piece. Let's hope Amitabh Bachan and Abishek does not get envied about this.

0 comments: