Friday, January 18, 2008

Kaalai Movie reviewed


For those people who are following my blog, its a known fact that 'Kaalai' was on the top of my list of 'must watch movies' which were released for this Pongal. But when I went to the theater to enjoy all the action, there were many twists in the tale. Please I request you all to stay away from this movie (it really hurts to say like this because there is so much work involved to make a movie but..). This is the worst picture which I've ever seen. For the first time in my life I missed the climax because I was unable to sit in the cinemas due to the story-line, script, movie making skill (screen play), etc, etc.. All of them are in the negative side for the film. Each and every character got a nice build up but none of them really lived up to the hype. The important part is that three characters of the movie share the same name ' Jeeva '. The director tried to play some tricks with that name and sort of maintained suspense but the base story was missing from each and every frame. Right from the start tension builds up due to hype created for Simbhu but he definitely does not deserve such kind of thing. His character do not have enough weightage and moreover there is no strong story line.
The uneasy feeling crept up right from the beginning of the movie. Santhanam managed to do some sort of comedy. But that alone couldn't help the film. Simbhu was over-reacting and was having super-human powers to hit anyone and everyone. While listening to the background score, I had a feeling that 'Hey! I've listened it somewhere!'. So that didn't add taste to the movie. Overall the film was worst. I cannot comment about the climax because I was not there to witness the feat. If you have decided to watch this one, then 'All the Best'. My rating for this one is 2.5 on a scale of 5.

0 comments: